- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $200,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
Stressed out does not even begin to cover what I’m feeling right now. The past two days have been nothing but let down after let down. I know I have to stay positive. I know that I can bounce back from this. The how and when are a mystery I’m dying to figure out.
tomorrow I’m going to try my hardest to find some time to edit some new pictures because I have so many just waiting for some love
I’m starting to accomplish all that I really want for myself. And that’s not to say I feel like in a few years I’ll have accomplished all of my hopes and dreams. I just really feel like I’m finally becoming who I always hoped I would be. Like when I was younger, and I would imagine what I would look like and act like when I got older, I’m becoming that. Which is a great feeling.
You remember too much,
my mother said to me recently.
Why hold onto all that?
And I said,
Where do I put it down?
Anne Carson, from “The Glass Essay” (via vrban)
I’m remembering smiles, and the way my heart skipped a beat every time he smiled at me. Under any other circumstance I would have spoken up, and I had to him before, but this feeling was new and I was in awe of him only a few inches in front of me.